Saturday, November 7, 2009

(9) A Sudden Breeze

A couple of months later...



I sighed as I looked at the message I recieved on my brand new Nokia. What do I do now? I dialed Haya's number. Wow, it's so much easier with a mobile! I don't have to worry about anyone overhearing my conversations or getting in trouble.



"Hey babe," Haya finally picked up.

"Hey...what do I do? He just messaged me. Oh my God, I can't get over how he was acting about getting on the roller coaster today," I said smirking. "Do realize that this is his favorite ride in the whole place and he didn't get on just to stay with me so I wouldn't be alone while all of you rode? Maskeen 7asait inna he was bored. I thought that was kind of sweet. But I still don't approve of...."

"Lujain," Haya interupted me. "Did you see the way he took your hand and kissed it before we left? I mean, seriously, come on! He has never done anything like this before with any other girl. The guy really likes you and he's doing everything he possibly can to show it to you and to make you at least consider him. You tell me what more he can do to prove how much he likes you?"

"Well, madri Haya. I don't know what more he can do. All I know is that I have been telling you from day 1 inna he's not my type," I said.

"Well then you know what? Stop replying to his messages 24/7. You guys have been messaging eachother for 48 hours non-stop. When you go to school, you guys message. When you have a lunch break, you guys message. When you get back home, you guys message. When you...."

"I get the point! She's right. I can't argue. Listen, I have to go. I'll talk to you later. I hung up before I even heard Haya say bye.



I stared at my mobile for about 5 whole minutes before I could type 1 simple phrase:

"You have one week. We'll see how it goes."



You have no idea what it took for me to finally bring myself to press the send button. I was so not sure about what I was doing or getting myself into. Bass at the same time, thiba7ni! Ya3ni maskeen he was going to practically get down on his knees and beg for me to give us a shot. What are all my friends going to think of this? What are they going to say? Are they going to support me, or are they just going to.....



"BEEP BEEP!" I was startled by a message. I quickly pressed the "read" button.



"Oh my God Luji! Thank you so0o0o00o00o0o0oo0 muchhhhhhHH!! You don't know how happy I ammmmm and you are NOT going to regret this, I promise!!!! I can't believe thissss! I'm the luckiest personnnn everrrrr!!"

As I read the message, I dug deep down into myself for a reaction--I failed to find one. I didn't know what to say or how to respond. Therfore, I simply locked my keypad and slipped under my covers. In a matter of seconds, my soul was taken to places only God knew existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment