Thursday, August 6, 2009

(6) When God Plans...

3 months later...

"No way! What a freak!" I laughed. "So, like, what does he say?" I asked curiously.
"Haya, tikfain 7atcheeha. Y3ni, madri shagoolich. A7is inha ma5tha fikra ghala6 3anni," Haya imitated Hamad. "Tara by the way, he's im3awwir ras graidna killa feech. Kil hamma inna he comes up with an idea it5aleech ta36eena majal."
"Iy5asi! Ya3ni mou gha9ib il salfa" I said with a smirk on my face. This guy is unbelievable! Doesn't he get it? I mean, it feels good to know that someone is practically dying for me, bass yalla 3ad, this is too much. Ma9a5ha.
"I don't know what to say. Just tell him straight up that you don't want him," Haya suggested.
"I already did! That's what you're not getting!" I said. Anyway, listen, I have to go. If a teacher sees me with my mobile it'll get taken away and i'll get a detention. I'll call you when I get home. Bye." I rushed her off the phone.
"EE oo ana b3d. 5ala9, yalla bye," Haya hung up.

He just doesn't get it. I have said it in a nice way. I have said it in a mean way. There's not one way I didn't try! I'm not going to date a guy that wears the tightest Armani jeans man ever created in history, Moschino shirts that are buttoned down, and Fendi monogram shoes. Even I don't wear stuff like that, and I'm a girl!
Not to mention his stupid "Ja Rule" bandanna that looks like.....

"What class are you supposed to be in?" I heard a teacher behind me say and I automatically turned around.
"Journalism sir," I responded quickly because he caught me off guard.
"Where's your hall pass?" He asked.
I figited around in my pocket until I finally found it. "Right here, sir," I handed it to him.
"Thank you. Don't wonder around in the hallways. Get to class," he ordered.
"Yes sir," I obediently said. That was close.

Today feels like such a long day. I just want it to end. It's finally Wednesday! Just 1 more class to go. I wonder what the girls feel like doing. I feel like walking around. I don't want to end up sitting in some random place as usual.

Arabic was the last class of the day. I got my books from my locker and slowly walked to class. I had no more energy left.

"Hello sexy!" Munira said. Munira is one of my closest friends. We grew up together and we always prefer doing the same things.

"Hey you," I replied. I don't even have the energy to have a decent conversation, but i'll try. "What's up?"

"Are you coming to the gathering that Na9oor is having tonight?" She asked.

Oh crap! I completely forgot about that! "I don't know. I forgot about it to tell you the truth. Who's going?" I asked.

"Everyone! You have to come. There are even people from the English school coming. Supposedly, they're really nice. I don't know," Munira said.

"English school?" I was taken by surprise.

"Yes, the English school. What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing," I replied quickily. I'm fine."

The teacher finally arrived to class and I was saved from the interigation when she asked us to take out our books and be quiet. If she had not came, Munira would have kept asking me questions until I told her what was going on, and in all honesty, I wasn't in the mood.

I rushed to the car when class was finished.

"Hi mama!" I said as I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi 7abeebty. How was your day?" She asked as always.

"I had such a long day; I just wanted it to end. Its the weekend!" I said enthusiasticlly.

"Ee wa a5eeran. Tara ana 5athait nafnoofich il ma9bagha il 9ib7 and it's ready now. 3allagta 3la il kabat oo 7a6ait il shoes wil clutch 3la il table. Abi iykoon shaklich wayid 7ilw ilyome la2anna it's a big wedding," she said as she was driving.

WHAT? A WEDDING? TONIGHT? That means I can't go to the gathering! This isn't happening! "3irs? 3irs mino?" My tone immediately changed.

"Shino 3irs mino? 9arli shahar oo ana agoolich plan how your lookfor the wedding and now you're asking me 3irs mino?" My mom began to get irritated.

"Ee bass yumma I completely forgot oo ilyome fi gathering oo...." She wouldn't even let me finish my sentence.

"Lujain ana gaylatlich min ziman fa mo moskilty oo a9lan mino gallich inna ubooch ibyirtha itroo7een gathering ilyome. 7itta mou gayla min gabil inna fi gathering. Raja2an Lujain mako niqash. Maw3idich bil 9alon is at 4," and with that said, the conversation ended.

There's nothing I can do. I'm dying to go. I just want to see who's there. This isn't fair! Y3ni out of all days? Ma ligaw iysawoon 3irshom illa 3la hatha il yome?!

I decided to call Haya when I got home.

"Hello," she answered.

"Yeah, hey, What's up?" I was in such a bad mood.

"Nothing much, what's wrong?" She asked.

"I can't go anywhere tonight because I have a stupid wedding to go to with my mom. She's forcing me to go. She says she's been telling me for the past month. Y3ni did the wedding ave to be on this day? What if..."

"Hey, hey, hey, slow down woman!" Haya stopped me.

I took a deep breathe. I wanted to cry. Are you going to a gathering tonight? I asked.

"Yeah, I am. Na9er, this guy in your school invited the whole shilla," She said.

"This is not fair! I want to go! Ugh, whatever. I'm just going to take a bath. Call me later when something interesting happens and I'm not there to see it." I hung up the phone.

As I took a bath I visualized how much fun the gathering was going to be, I felt my tears mingle with the hot water. I want to see him.

2 comments:

  1. miskeena i felt like that once bss mine was a milcha not a wedding 7araaamm :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it such a bad feeling??? y3ni especially back then cuz i had absolutely no interest in weddings...

    ReplyDelete